TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
Use of site
By visiting and using this website (Site) and accessing its content (Content) or any online services available through the Site (Services), including any linked pages or information owned by Medibank Health Solutions, you agree to be bound by and abide by the following terms and conditions (Terms). Do not use the Site if you do not agree with these Terms.
Accuracy and currency of information
This Site was last updated on 20 Dec 2011
However, you should be aware that the information on this Site, or on any other website accessed via this Site or otherwise, may not necessarily be accurate, complete or current. There may be more recent information available through other means, or circumstances may have changed, and the information presented may not reflect the true state of affairs at any particular time. For various reasons, substantial delays may occur before particular information on the Site is updated.
General information only – always seek medical advice
No person should act, or fail to act, on the basis of the materials on this Site.
The materials on this Site have been prepared for general information purposes only. They are not intended to be relied on as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and are not prepared specifically for any particular patient or condition.
Information contained in the Content must be discussed with your treating doctor, before making any decisions or taking any action based on the Content. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider within your country with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on the Site.
Disclaimer of liability
To the maximum extent permitted by law, Medibank Health Solutions and its officers, employees and agents disclaim any liability (including liability for negligence) to any person arising out of:
- any action or failure to act by any person in accessing, downloading, uploading, using or relying on or dealing in any way with any materials from the Site or from any other website on the Internet;
- any errors or omissions on the Site or on any other website on the Internet (including but not limited to errors or omissions arising as a result of the negligence of Medibank Health Solutions or its officers, employees and agents);
- any medical events, injuries, illness or other outcomes related to or resulting from the access to or use of the Site; or
- any delay or interruption in access to or use of the Site or any other website on the Internet (including but not limited to delay or interruption arising as a result of the negligence of Medibank Health Solutions or its officers, employees and agents).
You accept all risks and responsibility for losses, damages, costs and other consequences resulting directly or indirectly from using the Site or any other website on the Internet and in relation to any information or material available from those sites.
Where any statute implies any term into your use of, or any arrangement arising out of the accessing of the Site, and that statute prohibits exclusion of that term, then that term is included. To the extent permitted by that statute, however, Medibank Health Solutions’ liability for any breach of such term is limited to the resupply of the relevant services.
Medibank Health Solutions reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to delete, alter or move any message or other posted material on the Site. Medibank Health Solutions is under no obligation to update any information on the Site, or to correct any inaccuracy on the Site that may become apparent at a later time.
Access from outside Australia
Medibank Health Solutions is based in Australia. Medibank Health Solutions makes no representation or warranty as to:
- whether the Site, the Content or the Services are appropriate, legal or may be downloaded outside Australia; and
- whether the information, products or Services available from the Site are appropriate or available for use in other countries, or comply with the laws of other countries.
If you access the Site from outside Australia, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for compliance with the laws of that jurisdiction.
Changes to Terms
Medibank Health Solutions may change or terminate the features of the Site and the Content or any part of any of them, at any time and without notice, and in its absolute discretion. Any change in the Terms is effective immediately upon Medibank Health Solutions:
- posting the changed Terms on the Travel Doctor TMVC [Disclaimer] page; or
- sending a message, either by electronic mail or conventional mail, notifying you of the change,
whichever is earlier. If any change to these Terms is unacceptable to you, you should immediately stop using the Site and terminate your registration with the Walkabout Club (if relevant). However, if you continue to use the Content, the Services or the Site after the date on which the changes become effective, you will be deemed to have accepted the changes.
You may unsubscribe from receiving email communications from Medibank Health Solutions at any time by using the published unsubsubscribe mechanism.
Any disputes arising from, in relation to or in connection with the information contained on this Site are to be governed by the law of the State of Victoria. By visiting and using the Site you unconditionally submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of Victoria.
The information provided in the Site, and its design, text, graphics and software, are (unless otherwise stated) copyright of Medibank Health Solutions. You are granted a revocable license to download the materials contained in this Site for your personal use, including for the purpose for transacting with Medibank Health Solutions, but you must retain any copyright and proprietary rights notices appearing in or applying to the relevant material.
You must not otherwise modify, copy, reproduce, republish, frame, upload, post, transmit or distribute the contents of the Site in any way, except as expressly provided for on the Site, or with the written authorisation of Medibank Health Solutions.
Links and framing
Medibank Health Solutions does not warrant the accuracy of any hypertext links provided on the Site, nor the suitability or accuracy of any content located at those links. Links and frames connecting the Site with other websites are for convenience only and do not mean that Medibank Health Solutions is associated with, endorses or approves those other websites, their content, or the people who run or contribute to them. Use or reliance on the content of those websites is at the user's own risk.
Medibank Health Solutions does not represent or warrant that any files displayed or obtained from or through this Site, or and other website linked to it, are free from computer viruses or other defects. Any such files are provided, and may only be accessed or used, on the basis that the user assumes all responsibility for any loss, damage or consequence resulting directly or indirectly from the use of those files. Medibank Health Solutions' liability for such an event is limited to the resupply of those files.
Warning re policy terms and availability
All Medibank Private health insurance policies are subject to the terms and conditions of the Fund Rules, which are available for inspection at your nearest Medibank Private retail centre. Medibank Private health insurance coverage is only available to Australian residents and holders of valid Australian visas.
If you have any questions about the issues covered in this site, please contact Medibank Health Solutions.
Medibank Health Solutions companies are:
- Medibank Private Limited (ABN 47 080 890 259)
- Medibank Health Solutions Pty Limited (ABN 99 078 934 791) (formerly Health Services Australia Pty Ltd) and trading as Carepoint Industrial Health and Carepoint Physiotherapy
- Work Solutions Australia Pty Limited (ABN 71 059 950 695)
- Australian Health Management Group Pty Ltd (ABN 96 003 683 298)
- Travel Doctor TMVC Pty Ltd (ABN 93 003 457 289)
- Medibank Health Solutions Telehealth Pty Ltd (ABN 40 069 396 792)
- Medibank Health Solutions New Zealand Ltd.