Parasite-related product recall in Spain

The discovery of the parasitic species of nematode, Anisakis, in several samples of a brand of locally produced anchovies in vinegar has led to a product recall in Andalusia and elsewhere in the region. To date three people have become mildly ill after consuming the anchovies in question. In related news, a study published earlier this year revealed that the global incidence of the Anisakis nematode in marine fish and invertebrates has increased 283‐fold over the past 55+ years. Read More

Affected Regions


Affected Countries