Travel Doctor -TMVC provides services to all travellers, before travel, whilst travelling and on return. Our clinics are accessible, open extended hours and have facilities for 24 hour communications.
Enjoy one-stop service, delivered by staff with the most experience and understanding of travelers needs.
We understand the lure of adventure travel. The excitement, the challenge and the novelty involved in tackling an adventurous holiday makes the experience irresistible. But with that experience may also come some health risks, and Travel Doctor-TMVC assist you to avoid or minimize those health risks.
The family that travels together stays together! We believe that family travel can be very rewarding and bring lifelong memories and fun to any family. Keeping the family well is our job.
Groups travel for all sorts of reasons, and for many years we have assisted educational, sporting, recreational, and working groups prepare for international travel. We understand the need to avoid or minimize health risks. We realise that groups need:
- Consistent advice, and the same underlying vaccination, medications for all members, (tempered by the individuals health profile) so avoiding confusion and anxiety.
- Value for money, avoiding unnecessary costs and time.
Our Services for You
For more than 25 years, we have been learning about what really helps travellers, (and what doesn't!), and are pleased to offer the following range of services:
Before you go
- We provide you with individual medical advice on international health risks on a location by location basis, personalised to your itinerary
- We can offer advice or assessment of any existing medical issues, visa application health checks and provide fitness to travel certificates
- Our clinics have the full range of vaccinations on site. The Travel Doctor (TMVC) clinics are World Health Organisation (WHO) approved yellow fever centres
- We provide you with a personal assessment of malaria risk and advice on strategies to prevent insect-borne disease
- We provide all our travellers with written material covering health concerns
- For Groups we also provide presentations or lectures on health aspects of the trip
While you are away
- Treat yourself with our customised medical kits for travellers, for individuals, couples, groups and adventure travel
- If you need medical help while away, we provide information on health service providers abroad associated with The Travel Doctor (TMVC). The overseas service provider is able to liaise with the centre at home.
- We can supply an international directory of local medical facilities and English speaking doctors in many overseas countries
- If you have serious problems while away, we can liaise with international emergency medical evacuation and insurance services.
- Health alerts appear via the Travel Doctor website
- Our experience managing travellers illness after return means you can have a medical review if illness has occurred whilst overseas or if you have symptoms on return
- Referral point for infectious diseases specialist opinion
- Learn about the medical requirements for your destination by checking out the Destination fact sheets.
- Other useful information can be found in the Travel fact sheets.
- Work out your vaccine requirements by looking at the Vaccination Planner
- Information for Trekkers - use this link to read more about health issues for Trekkers
- Information for Surfers - use this link to read more about health issues for Surfing Trips
- Information on Altitude - use this link to read more about health issues of travelling at altitude
- Information on the Kokoda Trail - use this link to find out more information about trekking on the Kokoda trail.
- Information for Travelling with Children - use this link to read more about health issues when travelling with children
- Information for Women's Issues - use this link to read more about health issues for women travellers
- Information on the Pregnant Traveller - use this link to read more about health issues of travelling when pregnant
- Information for Schools - use this link to read more about health issues for school tours
- Information for Sports Teams - use this link to read more about health issues for sporting trips
- Information on Cruises - use this link to read more about health issues of cruise ships
- Information on Travel for the Hajj - use this link to find out more information about trekking on the medical consideration for travellers to the Hajj
^ Top of the page